Disney’s Tony® Award-winning new musical Aladdin had its West End premiere on Thursday 9th June 2016 at the Prince Edward Theatre, in London’s West End, with previews from Friday 27th May, 2016.
“In 1992, Howard Ashman, Alan Menken and Tim Rice’s reimagining of the Aladdin tale became the biggest movie of the year around the globe. Now 23 years later, Casey Nicholaw’s production lifts a whole new audience and sends them home on air,” said Thomas Schumacher President and Producer, Disney Theatrical Productions. “We are thrilled to fly Aladdin’s carpet to London where the show has found its ideal home in Cameron Mackintosh’s stunning Prince Edward Theatre.”
Aladdin opened in London 9th June 2016 at The Prince Edward Theatre
- From Disney Theatrical Productions, the producer of The Lion King, Aladdin features the much-loved songs from the 1992 animated film as well as new music written by Tony, Olivier and eight-time Academy Award® winner Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, Little Shop Of Horrors). With lyrics from Olivier Award and two-time Oscar® winner Howard Ashman (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid), three-time Tony and Olivier Award, three-time Oscar winner Tim Rice (Evita, Aida), and four-time Tony Award nominee Chad Beguelin (The Wedding Singer), and a book by Beguelin, Aladdin is directed and choreographed by Tony and Olivier Award winner Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon).
- The production team also includes illusion designer Jim Steinmeyer, hair designer Josh Marquette and makeup designer Milagros Medina-Cerdeira. The music team is headed by music supervisor and music director Michael Kosarin, who also created the vocal and incidental music arrangements, joined by orchestrator Danny Troob and dance music arranger Glen Kelly.
- Book Aladdin musical tickets to see a show that is designed by six-time Tony-winning scenic designer Bob Crowley, three-time Tony-winning lighting designer Natasha Katz, two-time Tony-winning costume designer Gregg Barnes and sound designer Ken Travis.
- Now in its second record-breaking year on Broadway at the New Amsterdam Theatre, where it has been seen by more than one million people, Aladdin opened at Tokyo’s Dentsu Shiki Theatre Umi in May 2015, will have its European premiere in December 2015 at the Stage Theatre Neue Flora, Hamburg, and will open in Sydney, Australia in 2016.
- Previous Disney stage productions in London have included Shakespeare in Love and the Olivier-winning productions of Beauty and the Beast, Mary Poppins as well as The Lion King, which will soon enter its 17th triumphant year in the West End.
Why book Aladdin Musical tickets with a See Tickets partner?
- Get the best prices and the lowest booking fees in the market – save up to 60%
- Over 11 million tickets sold last year!
- Official box office partner to all West End theatres
- Fast and secure online booking
- No hidden charges
- Book with confidence – official STAR member
- Customer service – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
ALADDIN MUSICAL TICKETS
Prince Edward Theatre
28 Old Compton Street
London W1D 4HS
ALADDIN plays Monday to Saturday at 7.30pm
Matinee performances on Thursday and Saturday at 2.30pm.
Book tickets from £20.12 (price correct at the time of publishing and subject to availability)