Extempore Theatre and Something for the Weekend in association with Die Nasty present The 9th Annual London Improvathon – A 50 Hour Improvised Comedy Soap Opera in 25 episodes – Set aboard The Orient Express.
Running from 7.00pm on Friday 29 April and playing in 2-hour episodes until Sunday 1 May at 9.00pm at the LOST Theatre – yes, right through the nights!
Directed by Adam Meggido Olivier Award winner with Showstopper! The Improvised Musical (Best Entertainment and Family Show) and nominated for Peter Pan Goes Wrong (Best New Comedy)
London’s celebrated annual 50-Hour Improvathon (The Stage Top 5 Fringe Theatre Events of 2015), a massive improvised comedy soap opera starring many of the world’s leading improvisers, is back for a ninth year!
This year’s epic adventure, at the LOST Theatre near Vauxhall, from Friday 29 April – Sunday 1 May, is a 1930s homage to Agatha Christie, set on board the glamorous Orient Express train. It promises to be an hilarious journey that could, quite The 9th London Improvathon will start at 7.00pm on Friday 29 April with 100 minute episodes every two hours ending Sunday 1st May at 9.00pm. (i.e episodes start at 7.00pm, 9,00pm, 11.00pm, 01.00am, 03.00am etc….). As the performers become increasingly sleep-deprived, they become unable to censor themselves, resulting in a wild and euphoric playing style unlike anything you’ve ever seen!
Tickets can be bought for a specific 2-hour episode or you can buy a full 50-hour event pass for just £55 (only £45 if you book by 30 March). There will also be a special ‘Family Episode’ on Sunday 1 May at 11.00am – suitable for kids of all ages!
Director by Adam Meggido holds the world record for directing continuous improv – 55 hours in Toronto in 2013!
- Among the international stars of improv comedy already confirmed to take part are:
Award-winnning impro veteran Mark Meer (known worldwide as the voice of Cmdr Shepherd in the Mass Effect gaming
- Comedian Ruth Bratt (People Just Do Nothing, Derek, Mongrels)
- Comedian Cariad Lloyd (Peep Show and Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Best Newcomer nominee)
- Members of Olivier-nominated West End hit The Showstoppers and the Chortle Award-winning Austentatious
- Members of award-winning Canadian troupe Die Nasty including Donovan Workun and Kory Matthewson
- Members of the Olivier Award-winning Mischief Theatre, the people behind The Play The Goes Wrong and Peter Pan Goes
- Cabaret Act of the Year Sarah-Louise Young
- Veteran actor Alan Cox
- There will also be a live band and all-night bar!
The 9th London Improvathon
Starts at 7.00pm on Friday 29th April and play in two-hour bite-sized episodes with breaks until Sunday 1st May at 9.00pm
Family Episode’ Sunday 1 May at 11.00am – suitable for kids of all ages!
The 9th London Improvathon
208 Wandsworth Road
London SW8 2JU
Box office: 0207 720 6897