The Old Vic announces the full line up for its 200th birthday cabaret Variety Night on Saturday 12 May.
This one-off event will see the auditorium transformed for its 200th birthday into a cabaret space. Harking back to The Old Vic’s days as a Music Hall in the 1880s, the evening will see the return of unadulterated entertainment as a mix of new and established talent is presented.
Joining the previously announced sketch comedy duo The Pin; the company of upcoming hip-hop musical Sylvia; The McOnie Company; an exclusive performance written by Dennis Kelly; and 2018 Olivier Award winner Sheila Atim will be:
• A jazz trio by Kansas Smitty’s
• The Horne Section (Alex Horne and his five-piece jazz band) will host the evening with their unique
combination of comedy, improvisation, storytelling and music
• Two-time UK Team Beatbox Champions Burd
• Writer, comedian and actor Tim Key
• Hula hoop dancer and fire performer Silvia Pavone
• Joining Sheila Atim will be actor and musician Arthur Darvill who together will perform a selection of original songs, including a brand new composition for The Old Vic’s birthday.
Tickets starting from £15 are available for Dress and Baylis Circle seating. Cabaret tickets are available from £70 and include wines provided by Indigo Wine, beer by Greene King and pies generously provided by Pieminister.
The Old Vic invites everyone to come and celebrate the birthday of London’s only 1000 seat, not for profit independent theatre at this one-off, unique cabaret night, A charity in receipt of no regular public subsidy, for almost two centuries this iconic theatre has been a vital resource to its local community, whilst also playing a significant role in developing the cultural landscape of the UK. Throughout its history, ground-breaking productions, social mobility and inclusion have remained central to its work both on and off stage. Now is the time to celebrate it.
For full programme details and to book tickets visit oldvictheatre.com/varietynight