Madagascar The Musical live at Edinburgh Playhouse from Thursday 25th to Saturday 27th April 2024.
Join all of your favourite crack-a-lackin’ friends as they escape from their home in New York’s Central Park Zoo and find themselves on an unexpected journey to the madcap world of King Julien’s Madagascar.
Alex the lion is the king of the urban jungle, the main attraction at New York’s Central Park Zoo. He and his best friends – Marty the zebra, Melman the giraffe and Gloria the hippo – have spent their whole lives in blissful captivity before an admiring public and with regular meals provided for them. Not content to leave well enough alone, Marty lets his curiosity get the better of him and makes his escape – with the help of some prodigious penguins – to explore the world.
Join Alex, Marty, Melman, Gloria and those hilarious, plotting penguins as they bound onto stage in the musical adventure of a lifetime. Filled with outlandish characters, adventure galore and an upbeat score, you’ll have no choice but to “Move It, Move It!”
Book tickets for Madagascar The Musical live at Edinburgh Playhouse from Thursday 25th to Saturday 27th April 2024.
Running Time: 1 hour 45 minutes incl. interval
Performances: Thu and Fri at 19:00, Sat at 11:00 and 15:00
Age guidance 3+
View All Shows at Edinburgh Playhouse
18-22 Greenside Place, Edinburgh EH1 3AA
There are 16 songs in the full version of Madagascar: The Musical. The songs in the junior version are a bit different, but here is the full list:
- It’s Showtime
- Wild and Free
- Best Friends
- Relax, Be Cool, Chill Out
- Grand Central
- Penguins’ Sea Shanty
- Welcome to Me
- I Like to Move It
- Sea Shanty (Reprise)
- Living in Paradise
- Foose Hungry
- Best Friends (Reprise)
- The King of Madagascar
- Together Forever
- Move It (Reprise)
The songs are all about the journey of Alex the lion, Marty the zebra, Gloria the hippo, and Melman the giraffe as they escape from the Central Park Zoo and end up on the island of Madagascar. The songs are upbeat and catchy, and they are sure to get the whole family singing along.
Here are some of the most popular songs from Madagascar: The Musical:
- It’s Showtime is the opening song of the musical. It sets the scene and introduces the characters.
- Wild and Free is Marty’s song about wanting to escape from the zoo and live in the wild.
- Best Friends is a duet between Alex and Marty about their friendship.
- Relax, Be Cool, Chill Out is Gloria’s song about staying calm and collected.
- Penguins’ Sea Shanty is the Penguins’ song about sailing the high seas.
- Welcome to Me is King Julien’s song about being the king of Madagascar.
- I Like to Move It is the most popular song from Madagascar: The Musical. It is King Julien’s song about dancing and having fun.
If you are looking for a fun and family-friendly musical to see, Madagascar: The Musical is a great choice. The songs are catchy, the story is engaging, and the characters are lovable. You are sure to have a great time!