- Read a book – a real book or download on Kindle – lots of free ones!
Maybe now is the time to revisit those printed books that you never got around to reading or maybe re-read some of those books that you have read before.
Amazon’s Kindle is a fantastic way to read classics and new works – whether you buy a new book or download one of the many free ones. To check out the free ones – and there are many classics! To find the freebies – Search for books in the Kindle Section – using either one of the category names or use your own initiative – “Classics” “Crime” “Romance” etc – and then ‘SORT BY PRICE LOW TO HIGH’ – The free ones are just below the sponsored ads. Visit Amazon Here.
- There are a LOT of free books here!
- Watch a film or tv series
There are so many films to watch either on your subscription services or free ones.
BBC iPlayer – there are quite a few box sets of different genres
- Find something to watch on YouTube – there is so much great content on youtube.
- EXERCISE – Find some music to move or dance along to – or even check out an exercise programme – YouTube is great for finding free resources.
- Watch theatre or performing arts
Watch Theatre Online or at Home – Musicals, Plays, Drama, Opera, Ballet
Lots of links to resources…
- Learn a Language
Learn a language for free. Forever.
- Do some gardening – go for a walk if advised by government guidelines.
If you have a garden – or even a window box – or maybe consider getting yourself an indoor plant or two?
- Explore online virtual tours
Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours
How to explore London’s top museums from home
- Arts and Culture
- Talk to someone you live with or pick up the phone, chat online or Skype. Don’t be alone.
- Have a tidy up
Okay, not everyone’s choice – but it can be a feelgood factor – a sense of achievement.
- Sit and relax
There are times when you just need to sit down and do nothing – rest the mind and body.
- Watch and listen to some nature programmes.
If you can’t go out and see nature the find a nature programme to watch – there are so many free ones either on tv or online. Or maybe listen to sounds on Youtube or elsewhere – birdsong, streams or the sound of the sea.
- Listen to your favourite songs – and maybe sing along!
And maybe even get out your air-guitar, even it is a bit dusty.
- Play a board game or cards with family?
- Relax with Yoga!
- Try out Origami – There are many resources online
- Make a model bird – these are awesome!
- Play chess with a family member a friend online or against a computer
- If you have a pet then spend some time with them. Chill out together.
- Play Sudoku
- Play an online game – Just search for “Online Games”
- Free Online Courses
10 Creative Online Courses You Can Take for Free Online
- Here Are All the Live Streams & Virtual Concerts to Watch During Coronavirus Crisis
- Celebrities Share Their Musical Gifts to Help You Get Through Self-Quarantine
- Remember to eat, drink and sleep to keep healthy.
- Visit our Amazon page here for some more ideas
- A list of free, online, boredom-busting resources!
- Free books on Audible
- Lots of free programmes https://archive.org/
- New online ideas from comedians to help with the lockdown boredom.
Okay, now it is your turn – add your suggestions in the comments below?