Sonia Friedman Productions and Fox Stage Productions have today announced further casting for the world premiere of Ivo van Hove’s highly anticipated stage production of the 1950 Twentieth Century Fox film All About Eve.
- Further cast announced for strictly limited run of All About Eve at the Noël Coward Theatre.
- Ian Drysdale, Tsion Habte, Charles Hagerty, Grace Stone, Stanley Townsend and Philip Voyzey join previously announced Gillian Anderson, Lily James, Monica Dolan, Julian Ovenden, Sheila Reid and Rhashan Stone.
- The iconic multi-Oscar winning film has been adapted for stage and will be directed by Olivier and Tony Award-winner Ivo van Hove.
- All About Eve will run for 14 weeks with reduced priced previews beginning on 2nd February 2019. Best availability from late March 2019.
- Over 20,000 tickets will be available at £25 or under during the run.
Stanley Townsend will play the part of erudite Broadway theatre critic Addison DeWitt alongside Ian Drysdale who appears as Max Fabian, Tsion Habte as Phoebe, Charles Hagerty as Waiter, Grace Stone as Ensemble and Philip Voyzey as the Pianist. Performances will run from 2nd February at the West End’s Noël Coward Theatre.
Previously announced, Emmy Award-winning Gillian Anderson (X-Files, The Fall, A Streetcar Named Desire) will return to the stage alongside Lily James (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Downton Abbey, Romeo and Juliet) to lead the cast. BAFTA Award-winner Monica Dolan will play the role of Karen alongside Julian Ovenden as Bill, Sheila Reid as Birdie and Rhashan Stone as Lloyd. Final casting will be announced in the New Year.
Ivo van Hove’s direction will be accompanied by set and lighting design from Jan Versweyveld, costume design by An D’Huys and music from double Mercury Prize-winner PJ Harvey, alongside Tom Gibbons’ sound design. Casting is by Julia Horan CDG.
“Fasten your seat belts. It’s going to be a bumpy night.”
Margo Channing. Legend. True star of the theatre. The spotlight is hers, always has been. But now there’s Eve. Her biggest fan. Young, beautiful Eve. The golden girl, the girl next door. But you know all about Eve…don’t you…?
Ivo van Hove directs Gillian Anderson and Lily James in his new adaptation of All About Eve, a razor-sharp, unsettling exposé of the eternal obsession at the heart of show-business. Lifting the curtain on a world of jealousy and ambition, this new production, from one of the world’s most innovative theatre directors, asks why our fascination with celebrity, youth and identity never seems to get old.
Sonia Friedman Productions and Fox Stage Productions present
ALL ABOUT EVE
by Joseph L Mankiewicz
Adapted and directed for the stage by Ivo van Hove
Set and Lighting Jan Versweyveld
Costume An D’Huys
Music PJ Harvey
Sound Tom Gibbons
Casting Julia Horan CDG
Noël Coward Theatre
A Delfont Mackintosh Theatre
85-88 St Martin’s Lane, London WC2N 4AU
First performance: 2nd February 2019
Opening night: 12th February 2019
Final performance: 11th May 2019